Weeeelllll….. the tax benefits of conceiving really got me worked up, and needless to say, we gave completely unprotected sex during ovulation a shot. I learned this interesting lesson:
Baby Makin’ = Very Different from Normal Sex.
Oh sure, it shares distinct similarities, but it also includes:
– The added sensation of jumping off a cliff into the unknown
– Getting the lyrics “Past the Point of No Return” from Phantom of the Opera stuck in your head
– The ability to simultaneously think about a baby without it being totally creepy
– Being slightly terrified
– Extracting detailed promises of future household and childcare contributions from my husband
– More than your average dose of trust
I’m sure the process changes as time goes on, but dang. It was weird. But in an awesome way.