Hello Beautiful people,
My goal in life is to never spend money on anything unless it’s something I absolutely love or absolutely need. What pregnancy items did you absolutely love or absolutely need? Instead of general advice, if you have a certain brand you’re a fan of (or hate) I want to know. I’m specifically looking for…
1. Bras. I haven’t been able to fit into my pre-pregnancy bra since 4 weeks. I didn’t even know I was pregnant when I started undoing my bra strap on car rides because bras were so uncomfortable. I now take this to be my first sign of pregnancy, though I attributed it to the tit fairy. I went to Walmart for my current bra–a “Genie” bra. Very comfortable for the first few weeks, but now it’s losing its shape and the pads show through and if I don’t use the pads, the nips show. It’s not ideal. So what do I do now?
2. Baby books. I know I won’t have time to read them later and I barely have time now. That is why the baby book must be EXCELLENT. I do want to do some sleep training. I’m skeptical about parenting styles in general (why must I ascribe to a style?) but I’m willing to listen if anyone feels strongly about them. I would be interested in reading health-related things, especially for the first month after birth. The ideal book would make me empowered, not paranoid or demoralized. Any recommendations on what to read/ what to stay away from?
3. Pregnancy books. A book with postpartum care would be good. I’m pretty well covered for these, but if you have any you absolutely love, let me know.
4. Clothes. I currently own 1 pair of maternity jeans and a few miscellaneous tops I prematurely purchased in previous pregnancies. I can fit into slacks that are up one size for work…for now. I really don’t want to spend a lot of money here, but I know I’ll need to expand the maternity wardrobe eventually. I wear telestial undies, so no worries there. What items could you not live without?
5. Miscellaney. Body products, pillows, iphone aps, etc.
And if any of you care, here are the pregnancy products that I LOVE right now:
1. Earth Mama Angel Baby’s line of products (thank you LitChick).
2. Sonaline-B Doppler – At $50, this has saved me so much anxiety and it’s cheaper than a session of therapy. I can just check in on the baby’s heartbeat whenever I want. I try not to do it all the time because I have unfounded hippie guilt about sending soundwaves into my uterus, but seriously. There’s no evidence that it harms them. I’ll say hello about once a week. Baby’s heart-rate is usually around 150.