I’m truly bored by comparison shopping for baby stuff. I know I’ll need it, but I can not get myself into researching. I turn to you, experienced mothers and fathers. Here’s what I need. Tell me what you got and whether you’re happy with it:
1. A stroller. “I love my babies. Why would I want to push them away from me?” What did you get, and are you happy with it? My shopping criteria: I don’t want to spend a lot of money nor do I want anyone I know spending a lot of money on a stroller for me. I think expensive strollers are insane. INSANE. Sometimes I look at relatively cheap strollers and roll my eyes that such a seemingly simple product can cost so much. I prefer smaller items because I have a small house and a small car. Easy and convenient to use would be nice. How often do you even use your stroller? Am I way off the mark, here?
2. Infant car seat. Again, I don’t want to spend a lot. They’re all relatively safe, right (cus de damn gubberment and dem pesky regulmations)? Basically, I want something easy to use. They’re all heavy, bulky, and cause back injury. I’ve been looking at the Baby Trend ones because they’re cheap and I like the ergonomic handle. Ergonomics. This is the extent of my research.
3. Motion sensor monitor. Now THIS is where I’m willing to spend the big bucks. I know myself. I have a bit of an anxiety problem (she said, casually). If I can reasonably rely on an alarm to alert me when/if baby stops breathing, I might actually sleep. If you got one, tell me about it.
4. Breast pump. Assuming my breasts function properly, I’ll be breastfeeding the kid. Starting at 2 or 3 months, Husband is going to try to take the baby a couple of times a week to allow me to work and I imagine family might watch the baby for longer stretches. Since hooking oneself up to a milking contraption is fairly humiliating, I’d like it to be as easy and painless as possible. I know you’re not supposed to buy them used, but…IF I do, what parts would I need to replace?
5. Baby Carrier. I took a friend’s baby around in the Ergo, and it rubbed on my shoulders after awhile. I like the racer-back style of the Baby Bjorns, but have never tried them. And there are so many styles within brands, I’m overwhelmed. What say ye?
All of your thoughts are welcome. I really, really appreciate it. Thanks for helping a sister out.